Workshop Gutenberg – The new WordPress editor
*There are currently no open registrations planned for this workshop. Would you like to organize this workshop in company? Please contact us for a quote.
A new WordPress experience is being worked on behind the scenes: from now on, your words, photos and layouts will look as good on your screen as they do in your imagination, but without any complicated code. How's that? The new WordPress editor, Gutenberg, is coming up. And that brings with it some change.
Don't you want to be in for surprises later? Then sign up for this practical workshop, where you will learn all about the new WordPress.
What is Gutenberg?
Or who was it, you'd better say. Johannes Gutenberg was the inventor of book printing a few centuries ago. Gutenberg is also the name for the new WordPress, which will be phased in with version 5. A lot is going to change in WordPress, but you will be the first to notice this in a totally different look of the text editor.
When is WordPress Gutenberg coming?
As said, Gutenberg, the new WordPress editor, is launched with WordPress 5. In State of the Word (during WordCamp US, December 2017), Matt Mullenweg said that he expects the end of April 2018 to be here. We cannot say with certainty whether this is really the case, but you cannot be prepared for change early enough.
What are we going to do at the WordPress Gutenberg Workshop?
In groups of up to 12 people you will learn in a practical way:
- how to install a local test environment using WordPress and the Gutenberg plugin;
- how to add photos to Gutenberg;
- how to place a text over an image;
- How to place external parts of for example Youtube and Facebook in your message or page with Gutenberg;
- how to add a quote;
- how to check that your text is easy to read for people with disabilities;
- how to reuse blocks;
- Tips and tricks for quick work with Gutenberg;
- to familiarize yourself with Gutenberg by creating different messages and pages, preferably based on previously created WordPress messages or pages.
Afterwards you will have access to an online course environment, until the official launch of Gutenberg in WordPress 5. We'll keep you informed of any changes in that way.
Who is the WordPress Gutenberg Workshop for?
This workshop is mainly designed for WordPress end users, such as website owners, bloggers and content managers who already have experience working with the current WordPress. Although website developers and designers are also very welcome, we will not go into the technique behind Gutenberg during this workshop. We'll teach you how to report a problem to the Gutenberg development team if you encounter any problems during testing.
Are you still in doubt? Read the frequently asked questions about WordPress Gutenberg.
- Access to online training environment
- Hand-out with exercises and a global Gutenberg manual for the most recent version
- USB with software for installing a local test environment and exercise equipment
- Free information on Gutenberg updates up to one month after the launch of WordPress 5
Bring your own
- A laptop with wifi and USB connection
- Possible examples of WordPress messages you have worked on
Location and date
There are no new dates planned for this workshop. Please contact us for more information or an in-house Gutenberg training.
€ 125,00 Excl. 21% VAT
€ 125,00 Excl. 21% VAT